Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Calendar for routine Jira Tickets

Ron Hill I'm New Here Jan 11, 2022

Our team initiates Jira tickets on a routine (i.e. on the 2nd and 21st a ticket is created for 1 item, and on the 7th a ticket is created for another item, as well as the 11th and 25th of every month). I'd like to utilize a calendar and load the items for a monthly routine and be able to mirror that month over month. Possibly using the full calendar as a Sprint.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Ron, welcome to the community!

Based on what you've said, I think you can accomplish this through scheduled automation rules.

When creating an automation rule, select the "Scheduled" trigger. This allows you to have your rule run on a schedule (in your case, specific days of the month):

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.47.50 AM.png

Then, in your trigger settings, select the "Advanced (CRON expression)" option. 

From here you should be able to specify the frequency of your rule.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.50.55 AM.png

In this case, I've scheduled the rule to run on the 2nd and 21st of the month at midnight. There's a link to documentation on how to set up the cron expression (don't feel too intimidated). 

It sounds like you will need different items created at different intervals. In that case, you will need multiple automation rules. For example, if your situation is to create one issue on the 2nd and 21st of the month, and to create another issue on the 7th, 11th, and 25th of the month (with different fields), you would need to do:

1. Automation Rule for the 1st Item
    1. Schedule to run on the 2nd and the 21st
    2. Create an Issue with certain fields set
  2. Automation Rule for the 2nd Item
    1. Schedule to run on the 7th, 11th, and 25th
    2. Create an Issue with certain fields set 

If the issues you want to automatically create are the same values in the same fields, you only need 1 automation rule. If your schedule changes and needs to be more complex (e.g. run on the 3rd Sunday of the month in addition to the dates you listed above) then you will need a different automation rule with that schedule.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

743 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you