Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Import

S October 29, 2020

Hi,

We need to import a spreadsheet to create issues and if the issues exist then update

... Is there a way we can achive this by the vanilla options provided on Jira Service Desk?

What I tried untill now

Step 1: Exported my list of issues from Jira with columns 

Key (Jira generated), Business Key (By combining few columns)

Step 2: Took the incoming file (CSV / Excel) from customer and created business key

Step 3: Did the VlookUp and found the new ones

Step 4: When I'm trying to import this Key (Jira generated) is not visible.... So i'm not able to map it and hence cannot proceed further.

Has anyone tried anything like this and achived Import with creating new issues and updating exisitng ones?

Any help in this direction is highly appreciated...

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

If you have Jira Cloud Administrative rights you can use the Import Data option for admins to accomplish what you are trying to do above.  Here is the documentation:   https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/ Make sure that you are navigating to JIRA Administration > System. Under IMPORT & EXPORT > External System Import and choose CSV.  If you import from here you will have the field Issue Key to map to.

knut_nilsen March 1, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to import test cases with the proposed solution above but the IMPORT & EXPORT under System does not seem to support Manual test cases with several test steps. Is that right or am I doing something wrong?

I can use the test case importer but then I am not able to find the Issue Key and hence not able to update my existing test cases.

Do you have a solution for updating existing Manual test cases through CSV import?

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

@knut_nilsen 

If you mean that you are trying to import issues that have subtasks you can do that by following these instructions.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/  Go to the section titled creating sub-tasks.

knut_nilsen March 2, 2021

Hi,

No, I mean importing test cases with multiple test steps (multiple Action - Expected reaction).

I try to follow the following instruction in the following link:

Importing Manual Tests using Test Case Importer - Xray Server + DC - Xray (getxray.app)

See section 'Importing Test Cases:'

I am missing the Xray test case importer.

What I am trying to achieve is described in section 'Issue Key (Update Existing Manual Test)'

We have Jira cloud with Xray - site ertmsbn (Bane NOR, Norway)

Regards,

Knut 

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2021

Hi @knut_nilsen 

Please notice that Xray Cloud and Xray Server are two different apps, and although featurewise we try to keep them as close as possible, due to the different architectures there are some differences.

So if you are using Xray Cloud you should look into the Xray Cloud documentation.

If you are using Server, then the documentation you are looking is the right place and it should work.

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and investigate further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events