Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNAME information required for Jira Service Desk Cloud

Deleted user October 30, 2019

Hi Team,

We are migrating our Portal from teamSupport to Jira Service Desk. As a part of this activity we have a requirement where we need to redirect the Portal access link (support.zaloni.com) to "https://zaloni.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals" which is configured for our customer portal once migration activity is complete.

We would like to get the CNAME information in order to carry put this task. We don't mind if internally the link goes back to the Atlassian provided URL.

So basically, we need a mechanism where if a customer hits the URL "support.zaloni.com" it should redirect automatically to "https://zaloni.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals" .

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Note- We are aware that custom URL is currently not supported on Jira Cloud version so we are taking this alternate route.

2 answers

1 vote
Andrei Panait October 9, 2020

@[deleted] Did you end up doing a 301 redirect? I am also looking to achieve a similar thing like you, but I would like to have something different than a 301. 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

Hi ddeka,

Thanks for reaching out to Community and for the details.

We understand that you would like to redirect your current site to the new Cloud site, but as you mentioned, currently we can't customize the customer portal URL, so the CNAME is also not supported.

Please, vote and watch for the feature request: Create ability to customize the Customer Portal URL in JIRA ServiceDesk

The workaround, for now, is to use 301 redirects. Here are some links that may help you configure that:

This option will allow you to redirect the portal URL to a custom link, so when they go to support.zaloni.com they will be redirected to the customer portal.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Gerardo Buelna February 22, 2021

Hi, 

Does this remain as the only work around to this issue? 

Thank you,

Like Matias Vivas likes this
Matias Vivas April 25, 2023

I can't believe this isn't resolved yet, this is the requirement of all my clients who need to renew license and migrate to cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events