Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

By using the Jira Autimation is it possible if i change the Change request status it will modify

Hi,

Is it possible in Jira Can we implement a Automation which is if i modify the status for Sub task of change request then parent (Change Request) status would be set as what ever i have set in the subtask.

If i modify the status in main parent task then Subtask status also need to change vice versa.

If yes please help me out how to do the same.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Nov 29, 2022

Hello @Sreenadh 

I see that you are posting lots of questions about Automation Rules. I encourage you to spend some time reviewing the documentation for this topic to learn what can be done.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

What you describe above can be done. There are template rules in the Automation library that you can use as a starting point. The two shown below that mention sub-tasks and parents are the ones you want to look at.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 9.22.55 AM.png

For the change Parent issue based on Subtask, you would need to make changes to the rule as follows.

1. If you want the parent changed regardless of the Status value selected for the subtask, you would remove the Status value selection in the trigger.

2. You would want to check that the value of the parent Status was not already the same as the value of the subtask status. This requires the use of an Advanced Compare and a smart value.

3. If you want the change to happen only if all the subtasks are set to the same status, you need to change the condition that checks the value of the other subtasks to also use a smart value rather than an explicit Status value.

4. In the last step where the issue is transitioned, instead of explicitly setting the status of the issue you would want to instead use "Copy from trigger issue".

Here is the documentation home page about smart values.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-smart-values/

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 9.32.39 AM.png

Using those hints you should be able to extrapolate to make similar changes to the template for changing the subtasks when a parent Status value changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events