Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk change leaves Request Channel unknown

Peo Krook June 24, 2021

When I move Jira issues from a non-servicedesk project to a servicedesk project the Request Channel value is set to "Unknown". 

In my opinion it should be set to "Jira".

Am I right in this to be a bug?

Is there any way to edit or update the Channel value afterwards? I have failed finding a way?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

When you move an issue from a non-service-desk project to a service-desk one, there's no channel to be set.

Issues do not have a channel, the channel is an artefact of the request - it's telling you the channel the request arrived from.  The issue you are moving into the project does not have a request, so there's no channel to store.

Peo Krook June 28, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I understand, but like I said to @Jack Brickey above - I find this inconsequent with regards to what happens when I use the Jira "Create" button for an issue in a Servcie desk project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

I think you've missed the point here.  I can't think of another way to explain it.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

Why would it be set to Jira? That is not even a request type by the default. The point is that when you move an issue the proper request type is unknown. You need to set it post move. If you click on the Request type you should be presented with options associated with the current issue type.

Peo Krook June 28, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey

Considering the fact that when an issue in a Service Managment projecke is created via the Jira "Create" button (not via email or the portal), it does indeed get the channel value set to Jira, it seem consequential to me that a move of an issue from a plain Jira project would also set the channel value to "Jira".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events