Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a team efficiency report

Kishan Sampat February 11, 2021

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to build a dashboard to measure the efficiency of my team. I'd like to build a dashboard which will include the combination of the following:
- Agent name
- Tickets assigned
- Average resolution time by agent
- Average number of interactions by each agent for resolved tickets
- Components by agent
- Average resolution times by component and average interactions for resolved tickets for components

I've tried looking at various documentation for reporting, but I can't seem to find something that will fit the combination of the reports that I desire as above.

Are there any suggestions that can be shared? Has anyone tried implementing these kinds of reports before?

4 answers

4 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 11, 2021

Hi @Kishan Sampat

We develop a commercial app called Ronin Dashboards for Jira, which provides pre-defined templates (and more than 60 different metrics). One of these templates is for ITSM teams, have a look to this live dashboard

bit.ly/ITSM_dashboard

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 12.33.23.png

If there's any metric you miss, ping me gorka at roninpixels dot com

Regards

Kishan Sampat February 12, 2021

Thank you!

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 12, 2021

Hello @Kishan Sampat 

As an alternative to other apps, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud. This add-on generates 7 types of report(including those you need in your work):

- Time in Status (shows how long an issue has been spent in each status);

- Average time report (shows the average time in status of each issue);

- Transition Count report (shows how many time an issue has moved through statuses);

- Assignee time report (shows for how long each employee has been assigned to each issue). So you can track how long it takes to solve each of them.

7typesofreportt_tis.png

Also, you can see the total time in all statuses in the "Total" column.

tis_total column (1).png

And export all those reports as XLSX or CSV files which you can analyze using tools like Excel or Google Spreadsheets.

I hope, you find it helpful.

Best regards, Mariana

Hi Mariana, Thanks for suggesting, we will explore this

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
February 12, 2021

Hi @Kishan Sampat ,

You can try Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project).

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check this out!

Like Bloompeak Support likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
February 12, 2021

Hello @Kishan Sampat ,

For an automated solution that offers great flexibility and details, our team at OBSS built Time in Status app for these kinds of needs. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud and Data Center.

Time in Status allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or assigned to each assignee. You can combine statuses into consolidated columns to see metrics like Resolution Time. It has reports showing how many times each status or transition was used. 

You can calculate averages and sums of those durations and counts grouped by issue fields you select. (like assignee or component)

Below are some screenshots of some gadgets I prepared as a sample dashboard. 

AverageStatusDurationByComponent_Data.pngAverageStatusCount.png  AverageTransitionCountByComponent_Data.png  AverageStatusCountByComponent_Chart.png  AverageStatusDuration_Chart.png

I presumed you were using a status like "Waiting for Customer" while asking for additional information from customer. The Done-InProgress or Done-ToDo transitions indicate reopens. The statuses and grouping fields of gadgets can of course be customized. Reports can also be prepared as charts (bar, columns, pie, etc.)

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see average InProgress time per project and per issuetype.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets (released for Cloud, Server & DC gadget coming very soon)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

EmreT

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS