Bug in "Request type" form "Required" changes from Yes to No if "Field Help" is added.

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

Bug in "Request type" form interface, "Required" validator changes from Yes to no if "Field Help" text is added/deleted or re-added.  I know this is a bug because my Service Desk has 90 forms I needed to customize.  I thought I was  losing my mind.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2020

I don't get that on either server I've tried today.  Could you give us the exact set of steps you are following (not screenshots really they're not that great for debugging a process, just what you are clicking on)

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

1. From "request-type" page on one of the visible fields set "Required" value to "Yes"
2. Press "Update" button
3. Add some "Field help" text
4. Press "Update" button
5. The "Required" value changes back to "No"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

This might have to go to Atlassian as a full bug-report, for your version of Service Desk - I cannot replicate it at all (4.13 for what it's worth)

Like Pete P likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events