- Open a ticket
- Open a comment
- Drag/drop a file to attach it to the case (in my case "Leadtimes.xlsx").
The file will be included into the comment as a link.
- Send the comment
- Open a new comment.
- Drag/drop a file with the same name to attach it to the case.
- A file with a different name is attached to the case (correct)
- A link to the newly changed-name-file is included in the comment (wrong)
- A link to the original name of the file is included as a link in the comment, NOT to the changed name.
Thanks for reporting this. I found that I was able to reproduce this same problem. Jira is automatically renaming these attachments if there exists another file by the same name on the issue, but the text editors reference to that newly uploaded (and renamed) file is not correctly referencing the logical file that user selected.
I was not able to find any other reports of this bug yet, so I created a new bug for this over in JRASERVER-71490. I suggest watching that bug ticket for updates to this. I tweaked the steps to reproduce this slightly, but fundamentally I didn't change much to your original report.
We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan. &nb...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events