Bug? Asset fields are removed from request type

ihe January 3, 2023

For my customer I am currently setting up Asset, with Asset custom fields to present/select for customers when creating tickets.

When I set up my request form, with the Asset custom fields, Jira automatically wipes the whole setup. I assume this is a bug, but would like to hear if anyone else have experienced the same thing and that it is in fact an user error on my behalf:

What I have done/am doing, that currently is not working at all:

1. The roles for Object type has been updated with jira-users as User (I do not think this is needed? Nevertheless, has been done in my bug-fix journey)
  2. Asset custom fields created
  3. Asset custom fields added to issue type screens
  4. New Request type (for testing purposes) has been added, and in the setup both the Asset custom fields as well as other standard Jira fields are added. Both in portal view as well as Issue view. When doing this, save has been done (on repeat!)
  5. When finalised setup of the request type, all fields are present when switching between Request form and Issue view. All good so far
  6. I then navigate back to request types overview. 
  7. When so going back to the new request type, the whole setup is wiped and my setup is no where to be found. 

So - what is happening here? Has anyone else experienced the same or should I report this as a bug?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
ihe January 4, 2023

I´ve received response from Atlassian (I issued a bug ticket) and the answer is this:

* when fields are added to portal view, they automatically are added in issue view as well

* if manually adding same fields in issue view, the portal view is nulled out

I have retested and by only adding in portal view, the whole thing works. I have however given feedback that this should be clear in both the knowledge articles as well as in the actual issue view, as this was not clear to me. I see other people here in Community have experienced/done the same as me.

For instance: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Can-t-save-Request-type-changes/qaq-p/2077843 

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

@ihe -

Hi there:

Happy 2023.  Don't know if you click on the "Save changes" button when you switched out to "request types overviews"?  This is something that users may missed after he/she conducted configuration changes often.

2023-01-03_8-51-47.png

One other thing - For Assets Jira custom fields, your customers must also be granted with the appropriate Assets (Insight) schema rights for your field to work properly via the Portal UI.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

ihe January 3, 2023

Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin , but yes. Pressed saved heaps of times. And receive confirmation that everything has been saved ok. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events