Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practise JIRA & Service desk

Daan Gönning January 13, 2021

Hi,

Wondering what the best practise is in my case. We are a team with 20 developers in two teams. Both teams have their own clients. I created two queue's, for each team one.  Based on organisations, customers are sliding directly into one of the queues. 

When a ticket is incoming into Service Desk, one of the developers picks it up. However, I would like to have this ticket transferred to the central JIRA team bord. To see activity between projects & support in one overview. 

It would be great if, when a ticket is assigned, also a ticket in JIRA is created, which are parallel & linked to each other. 

Or, is this not a smart move, and is it better to keep JIRA & Service desk separated? My dev's need to monitor JIRA (projects) and Service Desk then. 

2 answers

0 votes

Hi, thanks @Ajay _view26_ ! I know that page.

However, I am wondering what way you as existing users have chosen. The feedback part is more valuable for me in this phase. 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

@Daan Gönning 

We use Jira ServiceDesk for tracking customer issues with our product.

For most Requests, the workflow doesn't typically involve the development team and therefore can be resolved within the JSD Workflow.

For requests such as new feature requests/bugs we use the flow quite similar to the one documented here

Thanks! So, we do not have a customer support desk, so I wanted the developers to act as developer in JIRA and as agent in JSD. 

But, It seems like a pretty 'exotic' way to organize..

For example, it's fine by me when in JSD, a linked ticket in JIRA is (automatically) created, and we complete the JIRA flow from there.

However, when a developer says in Jira 'please test the issue on acceptance', the customer must see this. I do not want to ask the developer to type their comment twice. Or switch continuously between JSD and JIRA. 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Jira projects supports automation, and I believe you could use the issue transition rules to achieve the use-case. 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/labels/all/customLabelId/1453

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

Hi @Daan Gönning 

Best practices for using Jira ServiceDesk along with Jira Software is documented by Atlassian 

Below is the link - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/best-practices-for-jira-service-management/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events