Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for communicating resolution

Lindsay Siurna January 22, 2020

Hi, 

I am reviewing our processes and wanted to get some input on best practices for resolving and closing tickets.

Our proposed flow:

Customer asks question - we provide answer and mark ticket as resolved (customer receives resolution notification), once customer says thanks,accepts answer or doesn't respond for 5 days, close ticket.

I was thinking more about this from a customer perspective -  if I got an answer and then a message that the ticket was resolved right away, it might bug me that the agent didnt even wait to see if the answer worked for me.  

What do others do?  Do you say something like here is the answer, I am marking the ticket is resolved but please let me know if you need anything else?  Do you not send the resolution email and just send a closed email?

Please let me know!

Thanks again.

Lindsay

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Lindsay,

We no longer provide status communications to the customer.  We let the customer know via the message that we are resolving their issue.  What we have found is that less communication with our customers was appreciated.  This was after collecting feedback from our large customer base.  We then made adjustments to our business process to make sure that it met the needs of our customer base.  We currently have a similar flow and we also use automatons with canned responses to assist our service desk agents.  I would suggest implementing a process that you feel will work best with your customers and be flexible enough to make adjustments after going live.

Lindsay Siurna January 23, 2020

Thanks Brant.  I like that approach.  Can I ask how you do your canned responses?  Do you use an add on?  I didn't think JSD had canned responses.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

We our using server so canned responses are delivered.  In cloud you would need an app to accomplish this.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events