Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for automated allocation tickets to child project (component? label?)

IT Helexia May 24, 2022

Hello all,

I am currently setting-up & deploying Jira Service Management with a bunch of Jira Software Management and/or Jira Work Management projects in our department. And I am wondering what would be the best practice to follow for automated linked tickets from Jira Service Management to the related (and appropriate) Jira Software Management project with minimal questions to the client.

Let me explain :

- Jira Service Management : one project, with roughly 4-5 questions (request something, raise an issue, submit an idea, signal something...), in which we use Jira Forms to qualify the related project with adequate questions and not too many choices (in our example, choosing between "fruit" projects, "vegetable" projects and "meat" projects.)

- Jira Software Management : around 10 projects. Let's say : banana, apple, orange, watermelon, potato, spinach, cabbage, corn, lamb and chicken projects. Obviously there are several fruit projects, vegetable projects and a couple of meat projects. 

To this day, I thought I would use "components" or "labels" to quality the ticket and then automatically create a duplicate and linked ticket in the adequate project. But I absolutely want to avoid to show our clients a drop-down list with a 10 items list (mixing meat, fruits and vegetables). 

So bottom line : is there a way for the client to fill a form/field whatever to say, "hey, I have question on a fruit project". And then, still on the Jira Service Management, the client could select among a drop-down list only among the fruit projects ? Hope this example would make sense to you? 

Could use some help or documentation on the matter? Thank you very much ! 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events