Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid customers seeing other customers issues

ext_jepodola July 15, 2021

Hi, 

I created a project so that we can track all the external customers emails received in just one place. I selected the below options: 

8.jpg

Later on I created an Organization for the project and inserted all the external customers emails so that then I would be able to easily automate assigning issues to an agent according to the customer's email address. 

However we then received an email from a customer saying he was able to view other customer's issues, and that is a problem for us. I proceeded deleting the Organization. 

Is there something else I can do to avoid customers seeing other customer's issues or now that I deleted the Organization they should only be able to look at their own tickets?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

Hello @ext_jepodola,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When customers are added to an organization and share the ticket with the organization, all customers added to the org will receive a notification informing them that the ticket was shared, and then, they will be able to view the ticket in the portal.

Currently, it’s not possible to disable the option to share a ticket. 

Since you deleted the organization, in case you don’t want them to share the ticket with anyone, select the first option “Customers can search for other customers within their organization”. This is the best option because, since they are not in an organization, they won’t be able to share the ticket with anyone. 

The second one “Customers can search for other customers within their organizations, or manually enter the email address of other customers within their project” will allow them to share the ticket with other customers from the project, but only if they add the entire email address.

The third option “​​Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations” allows them to just type the name of the person they want to share the ticket (it will appear a drop-down with their names). The difference between this one and the second option is that on the second one they will have to add the entire email address of the person.

With this said, customers can only view tickets where they are the reporter, participants, or members of an organization that the ticket was shared with. 

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events