Automatisation - don't work

Marie Laplise January 3, 2023

Good morning,

I create an Automatisation task and I don't understand why it tells me "The following tickets did not match the condition"

My actions are simple:
* Field value changed: status.
** Type of change: any change.
* Update is equal to 1 minutes ago (for the test)
* State is part of pending.
* THEN : Add a comment.

It sees the change in my ticket, but does not comment.
Do you have an idea ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

Hi @Marie Laplise,

We cannot see the exact data nor your automation rule, but most likely the problem is in your "update is equal to 1 minutes ago" part.

Jira uses milliseconds for time based calculations and I would suspect that the time of change will not be exactly one minute ago. To make sure your automation works, I would remove that condition, since you are already responding to the field value changed event.

(on a side note: I also don't know what you mean by "State is part of pending" - but that is probably not the issue here)

Hope this helps! 

Marie Laplise January 3, 2023

Hello @Walter Buggenhout ,

Thank you for your answer,
In the future, I would like to warn my users that if they do not answer the ticket will be closed.

"State is part of pending" is a condition.

Attached is a screenshot,  in French, sorry  :

image.png

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

Hi @Marie Laplise,

No worries about the French 😉

I believe it would be easier for your use case to use the SLA's to set up what you are trying to do. I think you are describing a classical use case where an issue enters status Pending (and thus requires an answer from the customer) and you want to close an issue automatically if you wait too long for a reply. You expect an answer within 40 hours after entering status pending, if I understand correctly.

You may create an SLA that looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 14.50.35.png

obviously update the conditions to match your statuses and workflows.

Then set up an automation rule that responds to this SLA like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 14.52.56.pngThis rule will send out a message 3 hours before the SLA target is reached. So in the example after 37 hours of waiting time.

Hope this helps! 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2023

You can even use the same SLA to automatically close the ticket when the SLA target of 40 hours is reached:

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 14.55.32.png

0 votes
Marie Laplise January 4, 2023

Thanks for the tips @Walter Buggenhout , it works.

And happy new year! :)

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2023

Thx @Marie Laplise! Glad it does and best wishes to you too! Since my tips helped, could you accept the answer below? That makes it easier to retrieve for other people with similar challenges! 🤗

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events