Automation

Tori Krueger January 13, 2023

We would like to be able to have issues re-opened when a user comments on a resolved/closed ticket.  I set up the automation to do this, however, the ticket remains in a closed state after a comment is made.  The email notification is sent with the added comment but ticket remains in closed state.  Do I need to change my set up somehow?

Thanks

1 answer

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

What does you automation looks like?

If you look in the automation library you should see a rule called "When a customer comments on a closed request → then reopen the request" that does exactly what you are looking for. Just make sure that you set/change the transition to the one you want before enabling it.

Thanks.  When you say set/change, are you referring to the workflow?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

So the last step in the automation is a transition, that is the one you need to update so that the request is moved to the status you want it to be in.

Got it.  Thanks.  I believe I set it up correctly but will run another test.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events