Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation with Jira (Cloud)

Xavier Idrovo July 28, 2020

We are evaluating Jira (Hosted) and linked to Jira (cloud). We can manually link Jira tickets within JSD and view active status of linked Jira ticket but would like to know if, via automation auto create a Jira ticket (based on certain criteria like component) and link it to existing JiraSD ticket. Is this feasible?

1 answer

0 votes
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2020

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, this is definitely configurable within Jira Automation and your rule would look something like this: 

Trigger: You can choose your trigger out of 34 different triggers that will kick start your rule

Condition: Here I have used our Issue fields condition to check if components contains X, Y or Z. You can further configure this condition to check if for example, your component field contains all, equals, is empty or not empty.

Action: And then create an issue in Project A and link this issue with the trigger issue.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.41.39 pm.png

Hope that helps! Let me know if this isn't what you were looking for and I'm happy to help further.

Cheers,

Jane (Jira Automation)

Xavier Idrovo July 29, 2020

Thanks! - Just to be sure, this automation allows JiraSD to automatically create a new ticket in Jira? when I attempt to "Link Issue" I am unable to select LINK - which when done manually, allows me to select from JiraSD or Jira. I'm trying to avoid the step of manually going into Jira to create a ticket and linking it to JiraSD. 

Like Simone Lipphardt likes this
Simone Lipphardt February 22, 2022

Hey,

I'm really interested in this question, because I try to do the same.

Is there any answer to this question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events