Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to close the main JIRA once the cloned jira is closed or done

zafar kamal February 2, 2021

Hi  All - 

I have a main  JIRA called ZT-9  and a cloned JIRA ZT-11  and both are linked as shown in the screen shot .I would like to automatically close  my main JIRA ZT-9  when the cloned JIRA ZT-11 is closed . 

I have already created an automation but  it's throwing me error. This is my first automation in JSM so I am not even sure if my understanding is correct .

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 17.23.14.pngScreenshot 2021-02-02 at 17.23.28.pngScreenshot 2021-02-02 at 17.25.59.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

@zafar kamal -

Even though we don't use Automation for Jira add-on here at our env, but here are a few things that you need to evaluate -

1) Are those two issues use the same Workflow?  Because one can configure different WFs to support different issue types within the same project.

2) Make sure that the transition to done is properly configure.  Meaning that ZT-9 is at a status where can be transition into the "Done" status.  If not, you will need to allow the transition to Done as a valid status to be transition into available from the ZT-9 status.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin 

1) yes both the issues are present in the project and have the same workflows 

2) yes I have checked it 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

@zafar kamal - 

If ZT-9 status is able to transition into the DONE status, then you will need to check in the actual system log to see the actual error.  So "REOPENED" can moved into "DONE" in your WF?  Make sure if condition/validators associated with the transition (if any) are satisfied. 

From your screenshots, it is complaining the status cannot be resolved.

Best, Joseph 

yes REOPENED can be moved to DONE in my WF . where are system logs to check?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2021

You will need to have system admin right where you can create support zip - Jira Administration > System > System Support > Troubleshooting and support tools to generate the support zip.

After the support zip is generated, you should access the atlassian-jira.log to see the possible errors.  Before you generate the zip file, you should repo the issue, then generate the zip file.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events