Automation rules for sending reminders to reporter

Lynn van Dooren May 10, 2021

Hello community, 

I would like to know how i can send automatic e-mails to reporters after they did not respond to support after a certain amount of time. I would like to remind them to respond to support or to close the ticket. 

At the moment we are using Jira standardwithout any additional apps. I just started getting to know Jira and all of the possible extensions. I am wondering if i need a extra plugin to set the automatic e-mails. For example i thought the app JSU would be able to manage this for me but i am not sure, can anyone tell me how i could implement this?

Kind regards, 

Lynn

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Lynn van Dooren Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You can use the automation for Jira which is free/inbuild for standard version for Jira Cloud instance for sending an email notification to the reporter based on the issues inactivity and status.

You can create a rule something like below, this is just a rough example, you need to build the JQL based on your requirement and scheduled notification timings accordingly.

Capture 2021-05-10 at 15.38.56.pngCapture 2021-05-10 at 15.38.33.png

Let me know in case of any issues.

Lynn van Dooren May 10, 2021

Thank you! I did not know this was a standard option in Jira. And thank you for the screenshots they helped a lot!! 

Like Sagar likes this
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Yes, there are many apps which was paid in the server version but now either free or inbuilt available in the Cloud like automation for Jira and Roadmap plugin,

Like # people like this
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events