Automation rule not running

Marie Philips March 3, 2020

Created the rule in project automation app for a next-gen service desk (not the automation tool in next-gen service desk). It ran OK when first set up but it won't run now, and it doesn't send an email to say the rule has failed. It also doesn't show as being executed on the individual issuesProject rule.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

Hi @Marie Philips ,

If there is no error in automation audit log, you should check Jira mail server settings. Make sure outgoing mail is enabled and connections are established.

It seems that the automation is correct, even you can make it simpler by using "Issue transitioned" trigger instead of trigger + condition.

Esther Amunga May 18, 2021

automation rule.PNG

How can I establish connections? My outgoing email is enabled, but rule is not working

Esther Amunga May 18, 2021

@Parvaneh Zand please assist me

Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Esther Amunga,

What it says in the audit log? is there any error in there?

Esther Amunga May 24, 2021

Hello @Parvaneh Zand there was no error, it is now sorted.  Thank you.

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2022

How was this fixed?  We have the same problem with an automation rule not triggering after it was working fine

Esther Amunga July 5, 2022

Yes this was a very old issue. Not sure how this was resolved... A lot of time has lapsed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events