Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation rule for due date

In Jira Service Management server version I am looking for an automation rule which enables to change the status from Waiting for Info to e. g. In Progress as soon as the date has been reached I have set for system field called Due Date.

However, from available Automation rules I am not able to set up such automation.

Has anybody experience in setting up such scenario?

Your feedback is more than appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall Community Leader May 19, 2022

Hi @Soeren Morgener - I'm not as familiar with automation for server, but do you have the ability to set a schedule trigger?  If so, I would do something like this:

• TRIGGER: Scheduled (Daily) with following JQL
    • status = "Waiting for info" AND dueDate <= endOfDay() 
  • ACTION: Transition Issue

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

The problem in server version is however that the number of triggers available is very limited. There is no such option to choose from a trigger like schedule (daily).

The only possible triggers which I might select are triggers such as Created / Status changed which is not what I am looking for.

Do you have anything else in mind which could help?

Mark Segall Community Leader May 20, 2022

Unfortunate - I don't think there's a way to handle it natively then. The best I can come up with would be setting up a filter with a daily subscription and then manually bulk transitioning the results.

Outside the box, you could try a 3rd party app like script runner which has a lot of power on the server version or even setting up a cron on your server that hits the API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

329 views 0 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you