Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule for categories

Erik Boneschansker September 10, 2020

Hello there, when we make a linked issue the attachment and text is being copied to the next project (from servicedesk to engineering) but I would like to also include the categorie. 

IT Servidesk --> Project Settings --> Automation2.png1.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2020

Hey @Erik Boneschansker

What are you referring to when you say "categorie"? Is that a customfield or maybe a translated field?

A screenshot of your rule and maybe the issue fields you want to copy will help us figure this out.

Cheers,
Nick

Erik Boneschansker September 13, 2020

Thanks, i didn't see you can add screenshots (my bad). But yeah we run a servicedesk and have a custom fields "categories and sub-categories". Would be so handy if the next team sees these fields. The fields are active in there project to but I cannot set it up so it carry's over.

nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2020

Hi Erik,

Looks like you are using the old Automation engine in JSD. This engine is being deprecated and we are pushing the engine we acquired with Automation for Jira.

In the Navigation bar, it should be right underneath it.

Then you can use the method Andreas lays out here to set Cascading Select fields - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-can-I-copy-a-cascading-select-value-with-Automation-for-JIRA/qaq-p/585395

Hope that works for you.

Cheers,

Nick

Erik Boneschansker September 20, 2020

Hello @nmenere old? haha this is the build in version of the cloud version. We transfered it to the automation rules because the option to cascading feelds isnt in the normal cloud verison, so hopefully this isnt impacting our license, fingers crossed.

nmenere
Atlassian Team
September 23, 2020

Hi Erik,

Although there isn't native UI support for cascading selects, you can do it using the method Andreas outlined in the linked post.

But, yes - it is confusing with multiple automation options atm.

Cheers,
Nick

Like Erik Boneschansker likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events