Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule doesn't work properly (Custom field JQL)

SputnikCZ August 10, 2022

Hello everyone!

I have created a custom field in our Jira project yet I'm struglling with an automation while using the custom field for a comparison.

Custom field properties: Number field (Tried also Text fields)

The rule should work as this:

Check every day (5pm) = status = "Waiting for Confirmation" and updated < -2d

Compare two values: {{issue.striking}} = 0

Edit issue fileds Striking = 1

Send e-mail

The JQL can find the ticket which I'm testing this rule on, yet it doesn't do any changes when I run the rule. Tried to change the timer to -1m to see what happens and nothing...

Any ideas how to improve it? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hi @SputnikCZ ,

smart values are case sensitive. As described in you post the field is spelled with upper case „S“ (Striking) but your smart value is lower case {{issue.striking}}.

Please try to change the smart value to issue.Striking

In case this doesn‘t solve the problem please share a screenshot of your automation rule for better analyze.

Best
Stefan

SputnikCZ August 11, 2022

Welp, I totaly reworked it and now it started working. Hence the issue was probably somehow hidden or what :/ But yeah, I will keep that in my mind! Thanks a lot!

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback and great to know you got that working.

Great job 💪💪

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events