Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation jira service to jira software

Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla September 5, 2022

Good day

I want to create an automation between jira services and jira software, the case is as follows:

I want that when I go from level 2 to escalation to development in a service flow, it automatically creates an issue in a specific project when the component is selected.

this is my automation scheme.

Captura de pantalla 2022-09-03 083433.png

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla 

Your rule seems to be ok. A few points to take into consideration:

• You have to make sure that during the specific transition, the components field is populated. For that reason you can add a validator to that transition and add a transition screen with the Components field, in case a user has forgotten to fill it.
  • The actor of that rule must have browse project, create issue  and edit issue permissions on both projects, If you run this rule with the Automation for Jira actor, I expect that you wouldn't have a problem. But it wouldn't be a bad thing to double check project membership.

Does your rule fail? What are the audit log's result? Can you share a screenshot? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events