Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation->Add rule -> not able to find the "Close resolved issue" rule

Ramya September 27, 2018

I wanted to send a alert to client within 10 days of  "Issue resolved " status to alert him to close the issue. However not able to find this in my Preset rule or as a option in the custom rule

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2018

Hello,

Coud you provide a link to documentation, where you found that such option exists?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2018

I think I understood your problem. You mean the "Close resolved issue" preset rule. It is availbale only on Cloud. 

Here is the doc for Cloud:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html

Here is the doc for Server:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/automating-your-service-desk-939926334.html

Jennifer Skudlarek January 6, 2021

I have the same question as the original poster - there are supposed to be a preset list of automation rules, and one of them is "Close resolved issue". 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/available-preset-automation-rules/

If we resolve an issue but forget to close it manually or the customer does not confirm and close the issue, we would like the issue to automatically close, which is what this preset rule is supposed to handle. 

I have Jira Service Management - the cloud version.  When I go to Project Settings->Automation, I do not see this on the list of predefined automation rules in the library.   I see instead When an issue is created → automatically assign using balanced workload, Resolve issues due to inactivity, When a customer comments on a closed request, open the request, Set organization using reporter's email domain, When SLA threshold is about to breech- then add comment to notify assignee, When a comment is added-then update the status, and Prompt customer for comment.

The only preset rule involving resolve is resolving issues due to lack of customer response.  What I think the present rule mentioned on the website above was mentioning is what we want - we as agents have resolved the issue, and we are waiting customer comment to confirm.  They may never confirm, so rather than manually having to close the issue, this automation rule will automatically close the issue after 10 days of placing a resolution on the issue.  I don't know how to write this rule myself because I am still learning, so that is why I was excited to see there is supposed to be a preset rule that so far I cannot find.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events