Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation for templates

Hi,

I am trying to sync our HR's system with Jira and need some help please.

What it is, HR's system will be sending an email into our SD for all new employees. This will trigger a ticket on our SD. 

We are expecting that all access levels or IT equipment required for  a new starter will be included in that email and transferred automatically into our ticket.

How it works right now?

At our customer's portal we have ticket type called 'Onboard new employee'. There is a template that needs to be filled in (with some boxes to ticket or some mandatory text free boxes for instance). Person creating a ticket needs to manually filled in the template in our customer's portal. Once its done, we receive the ticket in our Service Desk as 'Onboard new employee'. 

What we need is:

An email to be sent out into our Service Desk with whatever is required for the new starter and that would create a ticket and transfer all the fields from the email into the existing template in the ticket.

As we know, anything that comes through to the SD via email it create an email type ticket.

I have created automation that changes the ticket type to 'Onboard new employee' which is great. However, I have no idea how to automate the transition from the email content into the ticket (to automatically fill in all the fields in the ticket template as it would be normally done manually). I hope that makes sense.

I have copied and pasted all the fields from the ticket into the email, in exactly the same order, but these are not being filled in automatically.

Has anyone create anything similar please?

An example of what we need:

Raise this request on behalf of tomasz.bis@musicmagpie.co.uk

Employee Name James Bond

Employee Start Date 19/Jun/2022

Line Manager Tomasz Bis

Employee Job Title IT Manager

User affected tomasz.bis@musicmagpie.co.uk

Location Manchester 

Department Data Team

Equipment Required

Laptop Y

MAC

PC

Mobile Phone

Headset Y

Monitor Y

Mouse Y

Keyboard

Accessories

Access level (For developers only) User

Licence requirements TBC

Home Address TBC

Anything else? N/A

1 answer

Need to transfer the ticket template such as attached for existing ticket in customer's portal - Screenshot 1 attached

From email content - screenshot 2 attached 

Please

Many Thanks

TomaszCS portal 1.PNGemail 2.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

288 views 0 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you