Automation for Jira.............

IT Support October 30, 2020

I am trying to automate an Insight project.  I need the automation to look at the issue type and at the Inventory Item so that I can automatically have the quantities to be updated.

To do this I need the automation to know what kind of inventory it is updating.

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2020

Hi @IT Support ,

would you please provide me more information? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure, what you are trying to do.

1. What do you mean by "Insight project"? Do you mean Service Desk project, where some Insight custom fields are used?
  2. Am I right, that some of your issues types use the custom field Inventory Item?
  3. Am I right, that custom field Inventory Item is an insight custom field and it enables you to select one inventory object, one of the attributes of this object is quantity?
  4. What you are trying to do is automatically update the quantity attribute?
  5. Based on what information and when exactly the quantity should be updated?

Thank you for the clarification.

IT Support November 2, 2020
  1. What do you mean by "Insight project"? Do you mean Service Desk project, where some Insight custom fields are used? We created a Business Project in Service desk with Insight custom fields, yes
  2. Am I right, that some of your issues types use the custom field Inventory Item? Insight Objectives
  3. Am I right, that custom field Inventory Item is an insight custom field and it enables you to select one inventory object, one of the attributes of this object is quantity? Yes
  4. What you are trying to do is automatically update the quantity attribute?  I need to subtract an inventory item in a sub-task issue type from a task issue type
  5. Based on what information and when exactly the quantity should be updated?  As soon as the sub-task is created.
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Thank you, I hope I understand your problem now.

You've got some issue with custom field Inventory Item, where Insight object with quantity attribute is stored. When you create subtask of this issue, you need to get information about quantity from this subtask and this quantity shoud be automatically subtracted from the quantity of the object, which is stored in the custom field Inventory Item in the parent issue. 

One last question - how exactly the quantity in the subtask is stored? Is there some number custom field or same/another insight custom field with attribute quantity?

Thank you.

IT Support November 5, 2020

This is exactly what I need to happen:

Task – PHS Inventory Management

1. Field – Inventory Item -insight object
  2. Field – Qty on Hand - number field
  3. Field – Quantity - number field
  4. Field - Inventory Credit - number field
  5. Field – Inventory Reorder Level - number field

Subtask 1 - Inventory adjustment

1. Qty Adjustment - number field

Subtask 2 - Inventory Request

1. Qty Requested - number field

Subtask 3 - Items received

1. qty Received - number field

Subtask 4 - Inventory Wastage

1. Qty Wastage - number field

First Automation

1. Create issue/update issue
  2. Look for Inventory Item
  3. Find PHS Inventory Management corresponding Key Number to Inventory Item
  4. Subtract Inventory Credit from Quantity
  5. Enter total in Qty on Hand (PHS Inventory Management issue with corresponding Key number)

Second Automation

1. Create subtask – Items Received in the corresponding PHS Inventory Management Issue for the Inventory Item
  2. Add Qty Received (from Subtask – Items Received) to Quantity (in Task PHS Inventory Management)
  3. Enter total in Qty on Hand (in PHS Inventory Management)

Third Automation

1. Create subtask – Items Requested in the corresponding PHS Inventory Management Issue for the Inventory Item
  2. Subtract Qty Requested (in Subtask – Items Requested) from Quantity (in Task PHS Inventory Management)

Fourth Automation

1. Create subtask – Inventory Wastage in the corresponding PHS Inventory Management Issue for the Inventory Item
  2. Subtract Qty Wastage (in Subtask – Inventory Wastage) from Quantity (in Task PHS Inventory Management)

Fifth Automation

1. Create subtask – Inventory adjustment in the corresponding PHS Inventory Management Issue for the Inventory Item
  2. Subtract Qty Adjustment (in Subtask – Inventory - adjustment) from Quantity (in Task PHS Inventory Management)
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2020

Hi @IT Support ,

I'm really sorry, I just found out I forgot about this one. Did you find the answer or do you still need help?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events