Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira comment to customer triggers 1st response SLA

Sif Rai February 17, 2021

Hi, I believe this is a similar question as this but there's no resolution.

I have an automation whereby 'Automation for Jira' comments to customer (and therefore public) to acknowledge the receipt of the ticket, giving guidance on other resources etc.

This in turn triggers the 1st response SLA, which effectively now only measures the speed of the Jira automation rule. I'd like to measure the first response by a human, e.g. the first comment to customer by the team, not 'Automation for Jira'. See screen grab below for 1st response SLA.

I wonder if we shouldn't be using an automation for jira to post the comment but rather an email notification feature to avoid this? If so, I'm unsure as to how to set this.

Bottom line, I need to track the 1st response SLAs, whilst providing a good service and acknowledgement to the customer. 

Any help is much appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 23.43.35.png

3 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

The issue is the SLA stops on the comment for customer, can you just remove this from the SLA and make sure that the status is changed when an agent comments to the customer?

Sif Rai February 20, 2021

Many thanks for your suggestion Brant, I had considered this and a similar option suggested by Moga above; we'd then need a specific status for 'responded' that would stop the SLA, and if it's resolved in the same response you'd then change the status again to 'done'.  

This to me feels a bit heavy handed, so I was after more of a solution utilising the built in notification features of Jira SD as opposed to utilising the Automation workflow rules. That way, Jira would send a 'received' notification email to the reporter without it being logged as a comment to customer. 

That's the same functionality as when you add someone as a request participant. We have that action configured to send a notification email to the person added. This is not shown on the ticket as 'comment to customer' but treated as a notification.

I'd expect the same function to be available for notification to reporter (e.g. acknowledgement of email received)?

1 vote
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Sif Rai,

Perhaps you can have a status between "New" (or the initial status of your request) and "Waiting for customer". For example, let's call it "Received".

On the Automation rule, you can transition the request to "Received" status and add a public comment during the transition.

On the SLA side, you should stop counting the SLA when the request goes into "Waiting for customer" status.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Moga

Sif Rai February 20, 2021

Many thanks Moga, please see my response to Brant below.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2021

Hi @Sif Rai

If you need to send an email notification you can follow this video tutorial that is very useful: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/JSM-Jira-Automation-How-to-Send-SLA-Breached-Notifications/ba-p/1894625

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events