Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation external email reporter request

ext_jepodola July 1, 2021

Hi!

I'm trying to automate my project so that when we receive an email request from address X then the analyst responsible for that customer will answer him/her. 

I want to  automate the process by assigning specific customers to a particular agent. Let's suppose, if the requestor/email address is X then assign to agent 1, if the requestor/email address Y then assign to agent 2. 

Problem is in the automation it won't let me pick an external address, it appears as "No option"

7.jpg

What can I do to add external customers to this automation?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

Hi @ext_jepodola ,

Have you tried using the advanced compare condition? Use the following:

• First value: {{reporter.emailAddress}}
  • Condition: equals
  • second value: reporter's email address

Give it a try and let me know!

Alex

advanced.png

ext_jepodola July 2, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

It worked! Thank you so much :)

May I also ask, am I able to write more than one email address on 'second value' field? I tried using a semicolon and it didn't work. Otherwise I should maybe add an If/else block first, but should do the advanced compare condition for each email I guess.

Thanks again!

Jes

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

@ext_jepodola 

First of all, no you can't enter more that one value. Reporter field takes only one value (one user that is). If you want to assign an issue to different agents based on the reporter, then use the if/then else statement as many times as you like (up to 65 in total modules).

And if that's not too much to ask, can you accept my response as an answer?

Thank you!

Like ext_jepodola likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events