Automation do not work for request participants.

szymon_szostak August 6, 2021

Hi!

I am trying to set up very simple automation. We're getting mail to support mailbox with alias from the product:

product.support@company.com

Ticket is being created, Request participants are being set up properly according to alias after ticket creation but automation is not meeting the conditions.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-6 o 14.18.41.png

No idea why it's not meeting condition. Anyone can see something wrong here?

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2021

Hi @szymon_szostak

if you like you could test the following rule.
No guarantees given but I could imagine a timing issue. Also, at least there should be a log afterwards telling what Jira sees for the "Request Participant" that time:

grafik.png

Regards,
Daniel

Henk van Drie December 1, 2022

@szymon_szostak 
This solution also solved our problem with the: "When: Issue created" trigger.
Looks like that "Request participants" is filled after the ticket creation.
"Re-fetch issue data" will fix this.
This is our Rule:

Naamloos.png

0 votes
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

Hello @szymon_szostak 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!!

You have an interesting use case, one which I have never tried before. I sent an invite to the email id which was required to be confirmed and created the below rule which is working as expected.

I would suggest sending an invite to the mail id 'product.support@company.com' and then try.

Please accept the answer if this helps solve your query else respond and allow others to share input.

Request participant.JPG

szymon_szostak August 9, 2021

Hi! Thanks for answering.

I have added incoming mail with alias at first place. Looks like automation is triggered correctly, but somehow, it's showing that conditions are not met.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-9 o 09.34.00.png

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2021

Hello @szymon_szostak 

This means that Jira is recognising the trigger properly but not the condition. I would suggest you test it with your id, which will help you identify the exact condition that needs to be configured.

Also, please confirm if you are able to see the alias in the drop while setting the condition. This is another indicator that it is working or not.

szymon_szostak August 9, 2021

Hi, thanks for such quick response.

This is strange - I really think this is some kind of issue with order of things going on during the issue creation. When the mail comes, it creates a ticket and then it's adding the request participant. I believe it's somehow triggering it before it saves the participant.

I've done some test where I changed the trigger to work on update and I was changing the priority - it worked like a charm. 

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

Hi @szymon_szostak 

This is something really odd. I have tested it with 'Value change for Request Participant' and it was working smoothly.

Could you possibly try creating a new rule and see if this behaviour is replicated?

Please accept the answer if this helps solve your query else respond and allow others to share input.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

Hi @szymon_szostak

For the value changes trigger, did you set the operations to be for creation?

Regards

szymon_szostak August 8, 2021

Hi! Thanks for answering.

It is set for all types of operations, so I guess it should catch it. I can see in the logs that it's triggered properly, but conditions are not met. 

Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-9 o 08.00.26.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events