Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation creates the new issue but note copy the custom fileds from the trigger issue

Guilherme Teodoro September 12, 2022

Hello. I'm creating an offboard cross area portal. The process begins with the pre-offboard, which is completed in the customer portal by the area leader. At the end of the pre-offboard process, I implemented an automation that generates an issue for the HR area. The issue is generating correctly, but it is not importing the fields from the initial ticket.

EX:

issue A has those Fields: Name and Area

Issue B has nop fields at all

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

Hi Guilherme,

Couple of things to check :

Fields configuration : are they available in the HR project for this particular issue type ?

Screens : are the fields added to the issue view/modify screen of the HR project ?

Hope this helps,

PO Tremblay

FMX Solutions - Gold solution Partner

Guilherme Teodoro September 12, 2022

Hi Pier, the new issue has the fields add even to his request screen, if you create it manualy they have the field name, but they cant import from another. Can you please help-me?

Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

Hi Guilherme,

Next steps :

On one of the HR tickets, click the three dots at the top right and then click on "Find my field". Select your field in the dropdown and it'll tell you if there is a configuration error. Also, if the field is empty it will tell you.

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 9.41.14 AM.png

If there is a configuration error, please fix it and test. 

If the field is empty, can you take a screenshot of the audit log for the last execution of your automation rule?

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 9.40.27 AM.png

Guilherme Teodoro September 15, 2022

Hi Pier. By following the steps you show i manage to copy the fields to the new issue. Thank you very much my friend.

Like Pier-Olivier Tremblay likes this
Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2022

Glad it's working!

Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders