Automation - copy web links

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

This question is related to Jira in general, but I was wondering is it possible to copy web links (external) on the issue into another issue by using Automation for Jira?

I was digging through the JSON code behind the issue but I can't seem to find the field and values for external web links.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi Tomislav,

I'm not sure if I'm getting you write. I guess this should be possible. But you may need to provide some more information.
As of now, I would say that something like this should work:

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.45.38.png

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Hello Kai,

I'm sorry if I maybe missed some information about what I am looking for here.

In the Edit issue action, I can only find Linked Issues field to set (show in the picture below).

Screenshot_1.jpg

However, what I would like to do is to copy web links to another issue by using Automation.

Screenshot_2.jpg

So my question is, can this be done via Automation?

Best regards,

Tom

Like Germán Isaurralde likes this
Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2021

I think those links are classic "remote links" which Automation unfortunately don't currently support https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-176

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

Cheers @Mark Chaimungkalanont!

We'll make a workaround until this is implemented.

Best regards,

Tom

Germán Isaurralde March 21, 2022

Hello @Tomislav Tobijas 

I would like to know if you have reach a workaround to solve this and if you can share it. 

Thank you!

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2022

Hi @Germán Isaurralde,

With our current workflow, we rarely ever use these remote links. Our team usually posts links in the description or in the issue comments section so that would be kind of a workaround for this.

Sorry I couldn't be much of a help here.

Germán Isaurralde March 21, 2022

Hello @Tomislav Tobijas 

Yes, we are doing the same :) 

Thanks for your quick reply.

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin