Automation - change Status after duedate ist reached

Rainer Daller November 17, 2021

Good Morning to all of you,

maybe a silly but clearly an easy questions for most of you but drives us mad:

We store open issues in a "review" state with a due date. As soon as the due date is reached, the automation should change the status back to "in evaluation" and add a short comment. The rule should run every morning. Sounds easy but creates an error where I honestly don't know what to do now.

Any hint how we can set up the rule? Photo attached.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Best Regards

Rainer

jira.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Hello @Rainer Daller 

Currently, the rule is not fetching any issue to check the conditions. I would suggest adding a JQL condition. Use the check box under the box which lists the next run time.

The JQL can be as simple as "project = <project name>". This can be further customised to reduce the count of issues on which the rule executes.

Kindly accept the answer of this helps.

Hello @Gaurav , thanks - it worked now (once) - then it said that our max of automation is reached for this month.

Can this be the case? We only have one automation yet which checks once a day. So I am wondering what this is counting.  We do have the "standard" price plan. Regards rainer

@Gaurav , found the setting. Everything is fine and works now. Million thanks for your help :)

Best Regards Rainer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events