Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation Run based off of time interval from other automation

I'm trying to setup a series of stepped automations for reminding a customer "hey we haven't heard from you in a while" on their ticket. Ideally a setup where we remind the user at 5 days, then at 10 days then a final warning at 13 and shut the ticket down at 15 days.

I originally set up automations to key off last update time - but the problem is when you run the 1st one it then updates the ticket. So then the 2nd is further out. etc

And i might be missing something obvious here, so feel free to tell me I'm haring off in the wrong direction.

I was thinking if i could set automation two to run 5 days after the 1st one run, if the ticket didn't have any updates ... and then trigger the following ones the same way. But I don't know if that is an available trigger or something that can be coded.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Alyse Middleton ,

I see you flagged this question with a Jira Service Management tag so the following solution would only apply to the SLA metrics available in a JSM project, so let me know if this is the correct project type and applies to your setup or if that was flagged incorrectly.

To set this up I would recommend setting up an SLA metric for entering a status such as "waiting for customer", Basically whatever status the workflow is using for the transition that occurs where you will be waiting for a reply from the customer.  Set the metric to 120h to equate to the desired 5 days after entering that status for the initial breach event, then add the "Comment By Customer" and "entered status: X" for the final closeout condition when the issue times out and transitions to your "done" or "resolved" or "timed out" status.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.20.25 PM.png

Next in the automation rules you will create a rule for each time value and notification, set the trigger event to "SLA threshold breached" and set the following values for each rule

1. initial breach at 5 days,
  2. additional 5 days after the SLA breach for notification at day 10
  3. additional 7 days after the SLA breach for notification at day 13
  4. and the final 10 days after the SLA breach for notification at day 15

Example's

Initial Reply at 5 days after entering the status:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.13.45 PM.png

Second reply after 10 days entering the status noting to set the interval to +5 days in the "Breached by more than" variable as that takes the initial 120h + the 5 days from this field for the total of 10 days:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.18.01 PM.png

and add the desired comment structure for each, I recommend adding in Smart values to pull contextual information from the request such as the reporter's name, and a link back to the customer portal for any follow up needed, the following example is for day 13:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.32.00 PM.png

And for the final rule, add in a transition to auto-close the issue like the following:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.36.56 PM.png

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

834 views 28 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you