Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rule executes but returns no results

Atif Saad January 13, 2023

Hi, I created an automation rule. Basically, I need to send an email to assignee if task is due today. As well as send a Slack channel message to a specific channel. I am trying this JQL query. 

project = BM AND duedate = startOfDay()Screenshot 2023-01-14 172417.png

I also tried what this article said, exact same query under the project. How can I set reminder before Due date for my task... (atlassian.com)

Neither are working. Automation audit log says No actions performed. 

There is only 1 task in the sprint that has status of in progress and due date of today, created by me and assigned to me. I am testing the automation before setting it up for others in my team.

What am I doing wrong? Any help please.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2023

Hi @Atif Saad and welcome to the community,

Can you please change your JQL to:

duedate >= startOfDay() and duedate <= endOfDay()

And try again? Also click on validate query to see if the above query returns any results.

Let me know.

2 votes
Atif Saad January 14, 2023

Thanks @John Funk @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ it worked. The problem was not the query but the due date field. There were multiple due date fields that were created. After using the correct field, both queries worked. Thanks again.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2023

Glad to hear you solved it.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2023

Hi Atif - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Try this for your query:

duedate >= startOfDay(-1)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events