Automation Overriding Original Data

Erin Smith January 11, 2023

I currently have an automation designed to automatically update two fields, request participants and organization when an issue is created and meets a certain condition.  The rule is currently overriding a value added at the time of creation vs. adding the automated values to the original data.  Is there a way to prevent this?

For examples: Organization ABC is added at time of submission, but based on the rule Organization DEF and GHI should be added.  The desired result is for Organization to contain ABC, DEF and GHI.  What is happening now is ABC is being removed and DEF and GHI are being added.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

You will need to change the automation such that it adds options to the field, not just write one.

I ran into this myself, and there's a good answer at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Setting-a-multi-select-field-with-Automation/qaq-p/2053912

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events