Automation - Custom field value trigger does not trigger

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2022

We have a read-only (for the issue UI) customfield that's added and changed by an app.

cf-app.png

The following automation trigger never fires.

cf-trigger.png

The value of the 'Customer Sentiment' field is changed by the app's back-end after AI sentiment analysis, which runs async to any issue transitions.

Documentation states that "The rule will run when a field value is changed. All system and custom fields are supported by this trigger."

This is not the case.

I would like some advice on how to get this trigger to work.

Thanks for your help, 

Best Ulrich

1 comment

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

Hi @Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_ ,

We're using the app-generated custom field as a trigger as well in many automations.

Here is an example of the field and how it looks like in Jira 👇

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 09.12.37.png

It's a numeric field that stores Priority Score for our Foxly app. But we also have dropdown custom field types that are also working with Automation.

Just to mention, all values of these fields are stored in properties too, so I think we do have a very similar setup.

A few questions to help me understand a bit more:

1. What field type is your field? Numeric?

2. Is the value of the field actually updated? Can you see that in Issue history?

3. Automation doesn't get triggered at all?

Thank you!

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2022

Thanks Nikki! 

I checked the foxly descriptor and added a simple automation on the priority score. Works like a charm! Thanks for your help!

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Happy it helped 👏 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events