Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation : Branch Parent of a related issue

Yorick Rahou November 4, 2021

Hi everyone,

I want to create a rule a bit special. The first part works but I don't know how to complete it, Here, the first part in french version

Rule.PNG

At this moment, a task is related to a sub-task of a ticket(parent). When the task is Done then the sub-task is Done and I want to pass the status of the ticket (sub-task's parent) to In Progress. The problem is that I would like to create a branch in this rule to influence the parent's status. I have created a rule which change the status of the ticket when the sub-task is Done but The rule doesn't activate.

Thank for your help !

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hello @Yorick Rahou 

The problem is if all is done in one rule related task triggers closure of the sub-task and the sub-task should trigger the closure of the parent, the problem is that the sub-task won't be done until the end of the rule what you need to add is re-fetch data action before triggering the part for parent transition.

Here is a rule for auto-closing parents when all sub-tasks are done

rule.PNG

Hi @Olga Videc

Thank for your answer.

The re-fetch data action need to be executed at the end of my rule and I need to create a second rule like the one which you juste showed me ?

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hello, 

I got your question wrong, my apologies,

Since sub-task transition is triggered by a related issue and parent issue is triggered by sub-task transition you need two rules.

Note: don't forget to set resolution during the transition to done/resolved

This is for sub-task 

automation_1.PNG

This is for parent transition

Note: when you publish the rule make sure you check the allow rule trigger under rule details, you need to allow this rule to be triggered by other rules, also if you are using cross-project automation make sure you add those projects to scope.

automation_2.PNG

Like Yorick Rahou likes this

Thank, you resolved my problem, I didn't know that I need to allow this rule to be triggered by other rules. It's only it which block my rule !

Like Olga Videc likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events