Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic ticket creation in JIRA wrt to tickets in JSM.

Neeta Dubey July 26, 2024

Hi Team,

We have customers who would creating in ticket JSM however I want to create a respective Epic in my JIRA software project. I have a different team who will work on Jira tickets so JSM users will not require jira access. Is there a out of box solution available or do we need to do it via plugin?

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hi Neeta,

You can do this out of the box. You can create an Automation rule to create the Epic in the desired Jira Software project. This can be either manual trigger that an Agent executes, or it can be an automation trigger that will fire on the JSM issue being created based on certain Conditions. 

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2024

Adding to @John Funk I guess should create and link the ticket to the Epic in JSW, so you can update your tickets when progress is made in the Epic.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events