Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic reply to sender if customer mail could not be processed

Markus Zurbrüggen March 18, 2021

Hello,
in Service Management only emails can be created as tasks from senders whose mail address has already been added in Service Management.
But now there are some cases where other people write mails here. In the log this is also comprehensible, but it is very annoying to take care of it regularly.
Is there any way to generate an automatic reply so that the person knows immediately that he or she may have to contact you by other ways? A standard email to the sender would be perfectly sufficient!

That would be insanely important for us.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

that would be nice for sure. There definitely needs to be some work on the silent failures that occur in JSM. Here is one issue (similar) that is listed as Won't do - JSDSERVER-2204 and for any Cloudies there is a parallel one (JSDCLOUD-2204 )that is set to "Not being considered". While not the same as Closed-Won't do it is just inches from that I suspect. I wish there was some way to monitor this w/in the Cloud Automation and take the desired action.

Markus Zurbrüggen March 18, 2021

Absolutely incomprehensible in my opinion.
I have now been able to discover one or the other issue for this topic, most of them are or were already open since 2015. For me an impossibility that such a not quite unimportant function is simply ignored by jira :(

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

you might wish to click the Feedback button in your instance and share your thoughts. Or you may want to reach out to Atlassian Support to see if they have a better answer/work around.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events