Automated Jira Response to Customer

jlee April 8, 2021

Hello,

Current state: Jira automated response to customer generates/sends immediately after the ticket is received.  The customers knows it was not sent by an actual person in this case because the reply was instant.

Desired state: I want to generate/send the Jira automated response roughly 60 seconds or so after the ticket has been received.  

How can I create a delay between when the ticket is received and when the Jira automated response is sent?

2 answers

0 votes
jlee April 8, 2021

Thank you Brant.  Unfortunately altering the SLA isn't an option.  

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@jlee

The only thing I can think of is to turn off the initial customer response email (request created).  Then you could create an SLA of two minutes.  Use the automation When SLA threshold is about to breach.... or you can create your own when the SLA is breached to add a comment to the issue.  Make sure that you share the comment with the customer.  This way you could control when the email is sent down to the minute.  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

You would not alter the SLA you would create a new one and call it something like auto response.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events