Automate closing linked tickets

Laura Jackson June 8, 2021

We have an automated rule that creates linked ticket from JSM into a project for our developers. Now when they resolve their ticket I would like it to automatically close the JSM ticket- any ideas on how i would achieve this? Thanks LJ

2 answers

1 vote
Reshma Begum _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2021

Hi @Laura Jackson ,

If the newly created Dev issue is linked to the JSM issue, then you can use the Linked transition post function provided by our app JSU on the Resolve transition of the Dev project and add the "Resolve\Done transition" in the transition field.

2021-06-09_15-43-56.png

We have opened a support ticket, https://beecom-products.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/JSU-3661 to better track your request. However, we couldn't add you as a reporter.  Please sign up using this link https://beecom-products.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/user/signup and share the user name/id. We'll then add you as the reporter and confirm. 

Thanks,

Reshma

Laura Jackson June 9, 2021

Thank you we currently have JMWE in our environment so will be looking to utilize that as best as we can without adding another add on

Reshma Begum _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2021

Hi @Laura Jackson ,

Happy to help you with the JMWE post function to achieve the requirement. 

You can add the Transition Issues Post function by our app JMWE as shown below.

2021-06-10_10-41-59.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Reshma

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

Hi @Laura Jackson 

IMHO you can use Automation for jira (create rule which will be triggered every time when you resolve dev ticket) or JSU/JMWE add-on (transition linked issue post function used on resolve issue transition).

Regards,

Seba

Laura Jackson June 9, 2021

I am new to all this - have you got an example of a rule that i can look at - thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events