Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autochange of status from one to another in workflow after some days.

Soumya Subudhi January 21, 2021

Hello,

I have a workflow. 

Open > WIP > Pending User > Done > Close

I want to change the status from Done to Close after 3 days automatically.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

You will need an automation or scripting app for this, e.g. Automation for Jira, Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, etc. if you don’t have an app that would meet your needs checkout the Marketplace. 

Hello Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I have the Automation for Jira. But struggling to do.

Could you please give some idea on Automation for Jira what could be the rules ?

Thanks in Advance :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

I am not in front of my computer at the moment so can’t give you exact example but will try to do so in a bit. Note I am on cloud so it might be a bit different. In the meantime maybe this helps...

trigger - scheduled to run daily

conditions - all that align with you needs e.g. issuetype or whatever zeros in on when you want action to run

action - transition to Close and set resolution and add comment “issue closed no response”.

now the other way I do this since it is JSM is to define a “no response” SLA and when breached it closes. 

Like Soumya Subudhi likes this

Thanks Jack,

Let me check. Thanks a lot :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events