Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Populate fields in Service Desk

Katherine Stevens April 19, 2021

Usually, when you fill out forms online, once you log in, the form will auto populate with basic information, example:  First name, Last Name, Address.  I want to get my Jira Service Desk to be able to do that for my customers. 

Example:  If the ticket reporter is Jane.Doe@gmail.com, I would like for her first and last name to auto populate in the form, so she doesn’t have to fill it out each time she logs into my Service Desk.   How can I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Hello @Katherine Stevens  ,

You can't achieve it using native JSM functionalities.

Maybe will you try our app Customer Details for Jira Service Management? It allows collecting data about customers. You can define fields which you need, for example, First Name, Last Name, Address. These fields can be updated by the customer on his/her profile or by the service agent in the dedicated People view. This information is also available on the ticket, so the customer shouldn't fill these fields every time when creates a request and the agent has got all information at his fingertips.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events