Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Populate a Field Based on Support Email Addresses that Clients Use

Benjamin Tong November 6, 2020

Hi all,

I want to create a field "Region" which could either be APAC, EMEA or AMER.

The field will be auto populated based on the support email address that the client uses.

Example:

If client sends queries to "support-hk@prive.com", "Region" field will be auto set to "APAC" when the jira ticket is generated.

If another client from US sends requests to "support-us@prive.com", Region field will be auto populated with "AMER"

Assuming I already have the email addresses set-up and linked to the service desk, what should the next steps be?

Thank you!

Ben

2 answers

0 votes
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Benjamin Tong,

You'll need to do a bit of digging but it looks like if the enquiry comes in via email then there might be an entity property on the issue called request.channel.email.source which contains the email address that the ticket came in via.

If that is the case, you could setup an if else if block based on that?

Cheers,

Simeon.

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2020

Hi @Benjamin Tong  , 

Welcome to community!

You will be using 2 different JIRA projects to handle the 2 different email request processing?

Benjamin Tong November 6, 2020

@Fazila Ashraf  The two email addresses will create tickets in the same project. Any idea how i can achieve the desired automation? Thank you

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

@Benjamin Tong  , how are you adding 2 email boxes to one project in JIRA Service desk?

Benjamin Tong November 9, 2020

@Fazila Ashraf I suppose it is not possible to add two custom email boxes to one service project. If this is the case then the above solutions will not work.

Wondering if there is another way to define the region field automatically based on the email details from the client

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2020

If you are looking to set this by details of the customer's domain, then you can try something like https://blog.codebarrel.io/set-organization-in-jira-service-desk-using-reporters-email-domain-e705be9d4717 with automation from jira.

The above article is about setting the customer domain. But you should be able to set the region also similarly

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events