Auto Close between projects (automation rule)

CHESTER RAMOS October 13, 2021

Hi Everyone, Good day.
I am trying to figure out an automation rule that will close issues between projects.
The scenario is that

1.  We have 2 projects, 1 being a Service Mgt project the other a business project.
2.  A requestor will raise say request for "Employee ID" via Service Mgt.
2.1 Once the request has been approve in Service Mgt the request will change its
     transition from "Request for Replacement ID received" to "In progress resolution" in
     which a new task will be created in business project.
3. In the business project, auto assignment is done to the employee (hr-lei as seen in the screen cap) who is in charge of creating new IDs.
4. There are only 3 statuses in business project (default) , to do, in progress and done.

What I am trying to figure out is.

1. Once the hr-lei (assignee) completes the require tasks in Busiess project and change the status to done, I would like to have an automation rule that also closes the primary request in Service Management platform.

In summary (based on screen cap shown)

When HRP-94 (Created issue in Business project) status is "Done" then the issue event (from Service Mgt) should auto close.

Though my concern here is that the primary issue keys between projects are not the same.

Thank you

Upon Approval.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Hi @CHESTER RAMOS 

Add Automation to Link the Issues with a new Link Type between Projects, then use branching to check the issue closing event and add action to transition the Issue to Done and Set the Resolution.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

FYI Reference

Automation_Issue_Close.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders