Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to trial Jira service management (helpdesk)

Pete Cottier November 10, 2020

Hi, I created a trial jira account with the intention of testing it out and see if it will be something we can use. However, when I tried to create the "Company\Team name" I received the message:

"You don't have permission to change site name. For further support, contact us"

3 answers

0 votes
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Pete Cottier when you go to sign up for a trial, are you selecting "Continue with Google" or are you selecting "Sign up with email"? 

Thanks! 

Kate 

Pete Cottier November 11, 2020

Hi  Kate,

I am selecting "Sign up with e-mail".

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

@Pete Cottier Just confirming, are you the admin of the site you're referring to? And did this happen when you were creating a completely new site? Or the site already existed and you were trying to change the name. 

Thanks! 

Kate 

Pete Cottier November 13, 2020

Hi Kate,

I am setting up a trial account on Jira so I would assume I am the admin in this case. Pretty much the first step requires me to add a name that is representative of my company, so I am trying to do this.

0 votes
Pete Cottier November 10, 2020

Atlassian Logo in BlueImage of a Space Shuttle Launching

Let's get started

Give your site a name

Choose something familiar like your team or company

As above. This is when trying to create the trial account.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

where are you trying to change the site name and why?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events