Attempted automatic update of app Jira Cloud for Slack

Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2021

We were looking at the audit logs for Jira Service Management and noticed several messages with user Anonymous that said, "Attempted automatic update of app Jira Cloud for Slack."

We don't recall trying to install Slack at all and we are not sure what has triggered this message. Can anyone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_

I'm one of the developers with Jira Cloud for Slack and I can explain why you see this entry and why this is expected.

The Jira Cloud for Slack app is developed by Atlassian and is preinstalled in all Jira sites (Business, JSM, Software). When the app is updated, all instances are automatically updated as well.

For what is worth, the app does not expose any customer information to Slack by default, unless of course users configure it to post notifications to their Slack workspace. For customers who don't use Slack at all, administrators can forcefully disable the app for their users in Settings > Manage Apps > Slack > Configure.

Check out more information about the app in our official documentation.

I hope that information helps. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events