Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments not showing, Only embedded images in tickets and comments

Michael.Henthorne January 15, 2020

Our primary source of tickets is from an email feed from another group. They regularly send us screenshots as part of the escalations and these are seen in a specific field in the ticket created in Jira.

This week the Jira Cloud instance was recently upgraded and since the upgrade we have been unable to get the attachments field to show in our tickets. When an email feeds in to create a ticket, if there is an attachment it will populate in a comment (expected behavior), but there is no longer an attachment field in the ticket that comes up to manage these. If the image is embedded in the email it comes in as part of the body of the ticket and then a comment, but again nothing in the attachment field we used to use.

I reverted to the old view of a ticket that had an attachment and the attachment field is populating as normal, but when I switch back, that field does not populate in the ticket. Looking for some information as to whether there is a hidden option I am missing in configuration that needs to be modified with the update.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hi @Michael.Henthorne ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The attachments section is indeed missing in the new issue view for Jira Service Desk and we have the below feature request open in our system to ask have this functionality added:

You may want to vote and watch the above feature request so that you will get notified in case of any update. The  feature will be addressed according to the Implementation of New Features Policy.

In the meanwhile, as a workaround, you can disable the new issue view by either:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events