Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in outgoing customer emails (accessable without authentication)

bschmi May 26, 2021

Today I received a newsletter from Atlassian (IT Insiders), subject: "Get started with email ticketing"

which promotes:

"Attachments in outgoing customer emails can now be accessed without authentication".

This sounds good - but how to do?

1.) A customer raised a request (via mail, but it should not matter)
2.) For a test (as an agent) I attached a picture to the reply.
3.) as the customer choose HTML mails the picture was included in the response mail - great
here comes a screenshot:

grafik.png

... but: for an attached PDF file it looks the following:

grafik.png

When the customers clicks on "Agenda.pdf" he is directed to the customer portal, needs to login and can view the PDF fine.

All looks to be in conformity with: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3371
Isn't it?

So the question remains:
1.) was the newsletter sent out to early-ish?
2.) do I miss a configuration to really include PDF files as a real attachment (pictures are embedded fine!)

So many thanks!

Birgit

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hello @bschmi,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, it happens the same as yours. It’s possible to view images directly from the notification, but for files, if not logged in the portal, it will be redirected to the login page. 

The ticket related to that is the one you shared here and I’m checking internally with the team to confirm if, for now, it’s only available for images and in the future, other types of documents. 

Since the team is in a different timezone than me, I will probably have an answer tomorrow and once I do, I will share it here.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2021

Hello @bschmi,

I reached out to the team responsible for the newsletter and they reached out to the Product Managers to check this information and there was a miscommunication about the ship date of the feature. 

They will send a correction in the newsletter.

Please, keep an eye on our public roadmap and also watch the feature to receive updates.

We apologize for the misunderstanding.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events