Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Email Replies to Active Ticket rather than creating a new case

Geekmaster July 12, 2021

We have our email channel which creates a new Service Ticket anytime someone send an email to our assigned address. Some of our "customers" simply keep sending emails, rather than replying on the tickets, which creates new tickets and a lot of extra manual work - is there some creative way that I could setup an automation that would look at the incoming emails "Subject" line (which translates to the Summary field) to search for any existing Ticket that contains the same words in the Summary field, and then attach said email to the Ticket as a comment, or even a sub-issue? I have been searching the interwebs but have not found any help. I hope someone here has done this before :) Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Such a concept would have to be done outside of JSM. You would have to use a different incoming email handler and then forward any emails that were post processed to JSM. You might consider using an ad on email handler such as JETI or JEMH.

Geekmaster July 13, 2021

I was afraid of that, thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events